Veterinary Innovation Summit
Veterinarians today are playing a more significant role and having a more substantial impact on the world than ever before. They are developing new therapies to treat cancer, containing the spread of disease, supporting disabled people through animal assistance programs, promoting the human-animal bond, combating climate change and addressing food security. Veterinarians are quite literally transforming the lives of people and our society each and every day.
This April, we’ll celebrate, explore and enhance the Veterinary impact on the world at the Veterinary Innovation Summit. You won’t want to miss it!
Click here for more: VeterinaryInnovationSummit.com
Veterinary Innovation Council Innovation Awards
The Veterinary Innovation Council’s Innovation Awards (VIC Awards) is positioned to be an annual program that is designed to take a look back and recognize those people and organizations who have dedicated themselves to the betterment of the animal health industry through innovations that make a difference in the lives of animals everywhere.
Nominations open in February 2018 and close on May 1, 2018. Final voting begins on July 1, 2018 and will close on September 30, 2018. The winners will receive their awards at VMX 2019.
Learn more here: VIC Awards
We are in the process of developing a Pets Political Action Committee.
- Virtually all companion animal health/welfare issues come up in states, not federal government.
- No industry PAC exists for collaboration and maximum impact in the states.
- AVMA PAC is limited to federal issues and accepts contributions only from veterinarians.
- Directly engage pet owners, via social media, to be key part of PetsPAC (not as contributors, but stakeholders) so their involvement is part of value PetsPAC brings to states. Grass-roots and social media are key PetsPAC offerings.
- Work with state VMA’s and other interested parties on the ground: hire lobbyists, media support, grass roots organization, etc, depending upon what’s needed.